Saturday, April 4, 2009

...and we're Home!...

Just a little FYI. I started this entry on Saturday evening, but the kids did come home before I could complete it and then the computer was monopolized and yada, yada...Anyway.

Well, we did it. We got checked in, we got induced, we labored, we took on the epidural (which some of us handled better than others; ask me about it sometime, or better yet, ask Barrett about it sometime...)we pushed-once, and we birthed...a handsome little fellow whom we will lovingly refer to as Dax Michael Bishop. Introducing... Dax: arrived: 1314, 7 lbs, 9oz, 20 in. long








I love the last two pictures of Anson holding Dax. He's come a long ways. When Eden was born he didn't even want to be in the same room with her. He held Dax for a good couple minutes and even gave him a smooch-so sweet!
Now, for all of you out there wondering, we think he's about the spitting image of Bo (lucky boy), and yes, he has all his fingers and everything else, no big surprises so far. As of his being two days old, he has dark hair, darker skin and of course his eyes look dark, just like our other 3 kiddos. Sorry Barrett. Luckily they all seem to get some of his other fantastic qualities. I realize Dax can still change...maybe his eyes will turn blue? Anyway, we think he's perfect, just like all our others and are so extremely happy that he's here!
Our time in the hospital was great-two full days for me and Dax. We had wonderful nurses, and several friends and family who visited or phoned, but best of all, the two of us had ourselves some quality one on one time. I realize most people don't like to stay at the hospital longer than absolutely necessary, but I always enjoy the time alone with the new babe and the room service! I even sat and enjoyed almost the whole morning session of Conference today, it really was great. Now we're home and the kids will be home soon...this could be a very exciting evening. Luckily Barrett will be home from the priesthood session soon as well. I want to very publicly thank Gma & Gpa Wood for all their time and energy and days off from work that they sacrificed to help out this week(end)! I know that Anson, Eden and Bo have enjoyed their time with you, I know you spoil them like good grandparents do, and I love you so much for it! They (we) are blessed!

12 comments:

Rae Jean said...

He's so cute! He does look like your others! I'm glad that all went well, although it sounds like we need to get the epidural story! I always loved staying at the hospital too. Loved their food, service, and being with the baby alone. I know that you sleep more at home, because no one is waking you to massage your stomach...lol...I don't miss that! Congrats mommy and daddy...that's one cute brood that you have got! Love you!

Patterson's said...

Congrats! Wow who would of thought two of my best friends (Barrett and Doug Sturges) would have 4 kids before I turned 31!

Sarah said...

Kendra, Dax is so adorable! Just like your other 3 kids. I love the picture of Anson giving baby Dax a kiss. Just melts my heart! I hope to come see you and your new bundle of joy soon.

casa chandler said...

Congratulations! He is just so handsome! Seriously...what a good-lookin' baby! How exciting!

Cathy said...

Kendra - Congratulations! I have wanted to call but don't want to bug you - but I'll see you Friday! Dax is very cute, and I thought that first picture looked exactly like Bo before I read what you wrote! Congratulations again, I hope you're recovering well and enjoying that little guy!
Cathy

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Kendra he is so cute! Congrats and I'm glad everything went well. Glad you got a little rest in the hospital. :)

Cassie said...

Congratulations! I'll let Mike know. Glad everything went well.

Holly said...

Congratulations Kendra!! He's so beautiful! Or I guess I should say handsome!

EmHy said...

Whoo, I just got all caught up on your life since december, and now I am very tired. When you put it all in one chunk like that it makes it sound unbelievable- you two are AMAZING! Congratulations on your newborn, he is beautiful. Jenna says to tell Eden that being the only girl is fun most of the time! We love you and are super excited that he is here and everyone is healthy and well.

Bethany said...

What a little sweetie! I definitely see little Bo in Dax. I can't wait to meet the little fellow. Congrats you two, I'm so glad he is finally here safe and sound. He's perfect!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Barrett & Kendra!! He looks just so handsome! Many joys to you!

MOLLY said...

congrats kendra and all of the bishops!! im so excited for you!!