Monday, March 31, 2008

Bo's 1st birthday/haircut /Easter part 2

I can't believe how incredibly late I am in posting all this stuff, but better late than never, right? So, the afternoon we came home from Idaho City(March 22nd) Barrett concocted this masterpiece of a cake for Bo's birthday. No formed pan or anything. Isn't he amazing? Bo has a little red car that he loves to drive all over everything. Anyway, most of the local family came over again for cake and ice cream. Unfortunately Bo was still not feeling well. (He politely waited for all the company to leave before letting loose with whatever he had consumed that day-yuck). He had a weak stomach and is working on getting 6 new teeth. What a bummer way to spend your 1st birthday. I just felt so bad for him because he was not interested in his cake and ice cream at all, didn't wanna open presents, nothing...lucky for us the company was great and we'll just try again next year, I guess.

And then came the highly anticipated (for Barrett) first haircut. He politely waited till the next morning when Bo seemed to be feeling a bit better. It's so hard for me to sit and watch those little curls fall to the ground, but he really looks so cute and so much older with short hair...
Okay, his hair doesn't look terribly curly in these pictures, but it was. And now it's not. But he looks very handsome and clean cut and grown up, don't you think? Too bad the popsicle could not cheer him up or help him feel better. Thankfully, a few days later he was doing much better.

Easter was a little different this year. I was so focused on Bo's birthday and our anniversary-I didn't do a whole lot. Eden got a pretty new dress and Anson and Eden did a little egg hunt in our back yard. And since Bo was still not feeling up to par we opted not to take him to church (Barrett very graciously volunteered to stay home with him so that I could sub in one of the primary classes). Anson, Eden and I went to church, then we all went over to gma&gpa wood's house for Easter dinner/Uncle Travis' b-day dinner. We enjoyed awesome easter baskets, a delicious meal then played some fun games and had divine dessert. what a day! Thanks to our family for making this such a special weekend for us-we love you!

4 comments:

Jim and Katie said...

Oh, so sad that he had to loose those curls, but he looks cute with the short hair too! Happy Birthday Bo!!

Rae Jean said...

What a cute little boy! I cannot believe that Bo and Cohen are both 1...where did the year go? Love the cake and haircut. I always hated that first cut...it makes them grow up too fast!

Bethany said...

Wow, I didn't know he had the curly locks too. His haircut looks great. Sweet job on the cake BJ. I love it.

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

The haircut looks awesome. Tell Barrett I am very impressed! Poor little guy I am sorry he was so sick.