Monday, March 17, 2008

a new tag from Lori

I'll have you know that I've got two very great books sitting right here next to me. The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown and Witches by Roald Dahl. The tag says to grab the closest book, turn to page 123 and find the fifth sentence then write the next three lines. Unfortunately The runaway bunny doesn't have 123 pages, but I'll write to you from page 12:
"If you become a bird and fly away from me," said his mother, "I will be a tree that you come home to." I just love this story!

And from witches:
I'm going against my better judgement on this one because I haven't gotten this far in the book yet-I hope this doesn't spoil it for me...As a matter of fact, there are only 5 sentences on this page, so I'll start with page 124:
"As soon as I was out of the Ballroom, I took off like a flash. I streaked down the corridor, went through the Lounge and the Reading Room and the Library and the Drawing Room and came to the stairs. Up the stairs I went, jumping quite easily from one to the other, keeping well in against the wall all the time."

I hope you're all on the edge of your seats...

I tag Michelle, Katie, Molly, and Stacie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah.. well let me just say you could be quite the novel writer!

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

I love the runaway bunny! It is actually on of Jacks favorites. I had to buy a new copy last year because ours was so trashed

Shay and Kira said...

hey email me your address so i can send you an invite. luvmyshay@hotmail.com