Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Run for Autism Awareness

In late September our family took the challenge to participate in a little fun run
(5K)down at Veteran's Memorial Park to raise money and awareness for autism. I want to personally thank each one of you who ran: (Becky Ann Kent, Grandpa Mike Wood, Tucker and Michelle Botkin and Trey Botkin-better late than never, right? And Gma Wood was a HUGE help by watching all the kiddos while we ran (or jogged, in my case). Everyone did awesome, and I will take this opportunity to shine the spotlight on Trey for winning first place in his age group, and Barrett for getting third in his! Way to Go! It was really a great experience to see so many people from the valley come out to support this cause. There were way more people than I thought there would be. Of course, it's always nice to see the other kids, older and younger, who have the same tendencies, actions and reactions as Anson. Sometimes he seems so different, in a good way mostly, but there he was the same. And it was good to see. I love Anson so incredibly much and there are not many things in life that make me more proud than to be his mother. What a huge blessing he is in all our lives! Thank you again to ALL of our family and friends for continued support and love-I know you'll be blessed!

No comments: