Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank You

I'm very late getting this message out, but it's been on my mind all day, of course. I just wanted to thank each and every vetran for their service and therefore, my freedom! We had the opportunity as a family to go and visit an old neighbor named "Brownie" tonight. He is a Vietnam Vet and as proud as they come, not to mention a huge helper with all things mechanical and a "squirrel whisperer". We took a plate of cookies and a little note and had such a nice visit with him. He was home watching old war movies by himself and seemed so excited to have us there. It made me wonder how many vetrans were at home by themselves this night? There are so very many men and women out there who have given so much and all I can say is Thank You! Most certainly I want to give a special shout out to good friends and family who have served in many capacities, especially my Father-in-Law, 2 brothers-in-law and my favorite, MY HUSBAND!
I really am proud and grateful for all of your service. I ocasionally (monthly) complain that Barrett deserts us for the weekend once a month, but I truly appreciate his desire to give of his time for training in order to be prepared when called upon to leave again, whenever that will be...Anyways, thank you all, you know who you are!!!

2 comments:

casa chandler said...

HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! I'm so glad you found my blog. I've actually been thinking about you guys. You're kids are so cute! I'm excited to be able to catch up with you!

kim said...

This is a great post, Kendra! Thanks for your words and feelings! Thanks to Barrett and all Vets for all they do and have done! Love you!