Monday, October 11, 2010

the more recent past...

Irrigation day=happy day in our home. Luckily it's on Saturdays this year (may be on Sunday's next year and that could be a new trial in our life) but until then the kids love to get their swim suits on and run and ride and splash around. Two weeks ago our dear neighbor, Jen, brought over a toy for the kids...uuhhhh, hello. Major hit! Dax was asleep and Anson wasn't interested but Bo and Eden had a good o'l time pushing each other around. Even the cars driving by would slow way down and smile and wave and cheer. Totally wore each of them out. It was cool. Too bad it was probably the last warm irrigation day of the year...more next summer for sure!






And just a little sneak peak at a cute crack because I can





Also, this same evening the Boise Zoo had a military appreciation night where families could get in for free and had the place to ourselves for a couple hours. It was seriously great! The last few times I've been to the zoo has been for a field trip at the end of the school year when it's 90+ degrees with a million kids running around crazy. This night was cool and reasonably calm with WAY less people-so nice. We joined up with our friends, the Dopp's, and had a good time darting from cage to cage seeing almost everything there was to see. After the kids last trip down the giraffe slide we were walking past a patch of grass where a worker was holding what I thought was a pretty good sized snake. But, oh no, I tell you. It was a "legless lizard". I have never heard of such a thing but there it was. The difference is that the LL jaw doesn't unhinge so it can only eat baby mice not big ones, and it has a shorter body and long tail whereas the snake has a long body and short tail. Just a little FYI. The kids were fascinated, seriously.


Here's Anson wanting to touch it one more time and Eden is most assuredly asking the nice zoo worker where the LL poop comes out. A-Mazing!





Good times, I tell you.

3 comments:

Jim and Katie said...

Love that crack! It "cracked" me up!

Rae Jean said...

Looks like you have had some fun! I love the little boat! That is way cool for the kids. You have some serious irrigation water! It's good to see that you are staying busy. I'm glad that people do things for the military's families that are left behind. So glad that you are taking advantage of it, and have friends to go to it with you. Love you Kendra. Keep being the great mother that you are!

Lori said...

HOORAY! You updated your blog! I love the new look and all the news. How is it that I talked to you on the ph for an hour the other day and you didn't tell me any of this stuff?!! (Anson and the piano, for example!) I must talk tooooo much! Call me anytime, love you!