Monday, October 11, 2010

In the past...

A couple weeks ago both Anson and Eden's schools had their fall fundraiser. For Anson's school they did a carnival and I was given the opportunity to make 100 carmel apples. That means I unwrapped nearly a thousand of those individual carmels over multiple hours, swatted away way too many little digits who were trying to sneak my hard earned carmels, and said,"I promise you can have a carmel apple tomorrow at the carnival" soooo many times I was a broken record. You can bet that we got to the carnival on time so that we could eat dinner and hunt down the clown selling the apples.

Never again, for a long, long time!

The kids enjoyed the games, the bounce houses, the dunk tank, the food and the face painting. Success!!








Eden's party was the following evening. Rock of Ages, it was called. Each class dressed in a different era and learned a dance from that era to perform for the families. Kindergarten and 1st grade were 50's. Eden did rousing rendition of the peppermint twist, and I mean it. She was great! I also saw some rockin' costumes that night. Cracked-me-up! Luckily we have an amazing friend named Carol who we called a couple hours before the show to borrow some dress ups-she totally came through for me. Eden was very excited!! Unfortunately the gym is tiny and only one grade could be in there at a time so we didn't get to watch the other dances but like I said, the costumes were sweet.
So, they had a good dinner but not nearly as many games/activities. Which was okay with me as we didn't stay out nearly as late or spend as much $. We all got a snow cone, played on the playground because you can never run around nearly enough on that school play equipment, can you? I took one picture of Eden with her friend and classmate, Conner. So cute! At this point she had taken off the scarf that was around her neck and maybe even the one that was in her hair because they were making her sweat-y. Her words, not mine.

No comments: