Sunday, September 26, 2010

Guess who?...

A couple weeks ago I got this piano book out to show a friend and low and behold we woke up this morning and Anson sat down on the bench, opened the book and began to teach himself how to play-totally AWESOME! It's a very beginner book that just teaches how to position right and left hands from middle C. Nonetheless, he got through most of the book before church then came home from church and finished then went through it again. It was amazing! This kid has mad skills teaching himself how to do things with hardly any assistance from adults, ie. the computer, riding his bike, and now the piano. Now I'm not saying he's a savant or anything, just a smart little whipper-snapper that makes me proud! I'd post the video of him playing but I don't know how so you just get the still pics...


8 comments:

David and Kendra said...

That is awesome!

Michelle said...

Yay Anson!! that is seriously awesome. and me bein a piano lover and all, he makes me a proud Auntie!
I'm sure he'll be teachin himself more. Can't wait to hear him :)

Jim and Katie said...

That's so great! I wish I was that excited about playing the piano at his age! You are a blogging maniac now - - I love it! I need to join you :)

The Patty Cake House said...

Go Anson!!!!! You are such an amazing little boy!!!!!

Rae Jean said...

That's pretty cool. I'm glad that you have a piano that he could practice on. You just never know...he may end up being great on it! :)

Boyd and Becky Ann Kent said...

I don't know what compelled me to check your blog but wonders of wonders you've update! Alot! We did not go to the zoo last week (James did, but the rest of us had to stay home) and I have still not cashed in on free Discovery Zone Fridays (on till November). What do you say? That's awesome about Anson playing the piano, but I have to say him ironing his own shirt is what impressed me most.

MOLLY said...

you've been blogging?! good job kendra! i love all of your family pics and anson is so cute to teach himself to play the piano! you'll have to keep him going with that little talent!

Bethany said...

He is such a stud!