Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I am just realizing that this is all going to be posted in the opposite order in which I meant for it to go, but oh well. My last little bit will be sans photos, just my meager thoughts. I was blessed to give a talk a couple weeks ago,( in fact, the day that he passed away), in church which I focused on a couple of talks given from Pres. Hinckley. My topic was Light of a New Day. One thing you shoud know is that I am not a good speaker, but it was (and generally is) such a learning experience, one where I really felt that I learned the most about myself and in this case, recieved yet another confirmation that President Hinckley truly was a prophet for our Church. I too am grateful for his service and love yet am so glad that he is united with his dear wife. I look forward to the great things that are in store concerning our new first presidency and the church worldwide. What a beautiful Faith!




Granted, I don't love this picture of me, or any picture of me, really. But Eden wanted me to take our picture so badly the other day I couldn't say no. She is something else, I tell ya. What a ham, a cute one, but a ham nontheless. I love you, Eden.





I dedicate this next small section of my entry to Sabrina Z. I honestly believe that we baked and fed our nearly one year olds chocolate chip cookies on the same day. Bo doesn't look quite as happy as Cohen, but he truly was until I got the camera out. He is suddenly wary of the thing, maybe it's the flash? Who knows. All I know is that I don't feel too bad about feeding Bo the cookie. Is it because #1-he's my third and #2-I was just trying to keep him out from under my feet? Sure thing.








This is a small sampling of Barrett's German Club members at a Raclette(traditional Swiss meal) dinner in January. This club, through the high school, gets together every other month for fun, food and festivities! Unfortunately Barrett was the one taking these pictures so he's not in there, but it really was a good time. These parties are generally at a student's house, sometimes at our house and they really are fun and funny! You get all types in the foreign language classes, you know. I know that Barrett is a fantastic teacher, and the kids really appreciate him. He spends a lot of time preparing lessons and parties and he has helped liven up the German program at ol' Centennial.











Yes, it's true. I've fallen behind in my entries (no real suprise to anyone who knows me and my lack of computer prowess). I've taken a few pictures but I get on to update and start looking at everyone else's blogs and lose track of time, and blah, blah...So I will now do a condensed entry for the past month. Since the big Botkin date night: Tucker and Michelle and Beck moved down to American Fork. Sad for us, happy for them (for the most part, I think). It was a good excuse to get together at the Spencer's to play Wii-Anson loves the game where you ride the cow and hit the scarecrows-crazy kid. Anson and Eden love Uncle Tucker and Aunt Michelle and ask about them on a weekly basis. It was good to see them one last time. Hope they don't stay away too long...











3 comments:

Barney Blah...g said...

I like that picture of you and Eden! It is darling. You are a great mom Kendra and I like to keep up on you all on your blog, thanks, DeEtte

Anonymous said...

aha! The update we've been waiting for!
We loved all the pictures!! Aw we miss you guys a lot! I called Tucker over to the computer to look at the pictures, He can't wait to see the kids again! and me! Bo's hair looks like its grown a lot! hah. And i never knew anson could balance so well. Miss those crazy kids! And comin over to your house~
good job updating! your doin better than me!

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

Kendra- I find myself feeding Cohen almost anything to spare me a few minutes to get stuff done. I love what you said about him being your third. Since Cohen is only my second who knows what my third will be eating. probably crumbs off the floor. Nick and I just had rackalette ( no Idea how to spell it) For the first time a couple of months ago and love it. We would love to get a little grill where did you get your round one?