Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I have a problem...







I have a slight love/hate relationship with suckers, lollipops, whatever you wanna call em. My kids all adore them, and I adore my kids while they're eating them. But then comes the cleanup. Anson and Eden aren't so bad anymore, as long as they remember to throw away their little sticks when they're done, but baby Bo is a whole other story. Why must he insert the sucker into his mouth from every angle, meanwhile manhandling the sticky, bulbous portion? Does he purposely roll it between his hands and fingers, the rungs of his highchair, his whole section of the dinner table and finally through his hair to gross me out and make me crazy? I think so, and yet I have no one to blame but myself. That whole experience just bought me a few minutes to clear the dishes or fold some clothes or some other activity that would've been just a little bit more complicated with his help. So I'll bite my tongue and probably put myself through the whole ordeal again in a few days. And I will love every minute of it because it is so darn cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha Kendra i love all the pictures of the kids! good posts!
we miss you guys! And i think i'll be coming next weekend for my sisters birthday . so i'll have to stop by and give eden her present!
Can't wait!! Oh and i tagged u! go to my blog! copy and paste!
Love you guys!

Bethany said...

Your a brave woman. I don't allow suckers in my house or for my kids (on very rare occasions). They drive me crazy.

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

Kendra- We seriously need to get Cohen and Bo together these kids sound like two peas in a pod. Have you seen my blog lately? I posted almost the same post. Made any Chocolate Chip cookies lately? I did yesterday and Cohen has been one busy bee. Suckers and Cookies they give you much needed cleaning, laundry folding, and dinner making time!!!